Who can resist the glorious marriage of chocolate and peanut butter? I certainly cannot. There’s something just too perfect about the combination. Even my sister who loathes peanut butter cannot resist this combination! These homemade peanut butter cups blow Reese’s peanut butter cups out. of. the. water. They’re made with simple and pure ingredients that burst with flavor. Plus, they take only 10 minutes to make!
Most recipes for peanut butter cups call for store bought pb and chocolate chips, but you can make these completely from scratch with raw ingredients.
You only need 4 ingredients:
+ peanut butter/ peanuts for pb
+ cocoa powder
+ coconut oil
+ maple syrup/agave nectar
Peanut Butter Cups ~ Makes approximately 12 mini peanut butter cups.
+Make homemade peanut butter in one easy step or use premade PB
1/4 cup Coconut oil (melted)
2-3 Tbsp Maple syrup or agave nectar
7 Tbsp Cocoa Powder
-Whisk chocolate ingredients together until smooth
1. Line muffin pans with liners.
2. Pour about 1 tsp chocolate sauce into the base of the liners. I spread the chocolate slightly up the sides of the liners so that the pb doesn’t show on the sides.
3. Place muffin pan into freezer for 5 minutes to allow chocolate to harden.
4. Take muffin pan out of freezer and drop 1 tsp peanut butter into each cup. Flatten out pb to cover chocolate.
5. Drop a tsp chocolate sauce over the pb to cover the top of the cup.
6. Place finished cups into freezer and harden. Take out 5 minutes before enjoying.