- Sweet potatoes
- Pine Nuts
Creamy Quinoa Risotto
1 c. dried Quinoa (about 4 c cooked)
1 1/2 c. Chopped Onion
8 oz. Mushrooms (I used Crimini)
2 lbs. Golden Potatoes
1 head of cauliflower (about 6 cups chopped florets)
1 c. water or unsweetened nut milk
2 Tbsp Lemon Juice
5 cloves Garlic
1/2 tsp Garlic Powder
1/4 tsp Pepper
1/4 tsp Paprika
1/2+ tsp Salt (to taste)
1 Tbsp Olive Oil
2 Tbsp Nutritional Yeast
Preheat oven to 400°F.
Cut potatoes into small cubes and toss with 2 Tbsp Olive oil, pepper, and salt. Roast in oven for 30 minutes or until golden.
While the potatoes are roasting:
1. Bring 2 cups of water or veggie broth with 1 c. Quinoa to a boil. Turn heat to low, cover and cook for 15 minutes or until the water is completely absorbed and quinoa is fluffy. Set aside.
2. In a separate pot, bring approximately 7 cups of water to a boil. Add cauliflower and boil until tender (about 8 minutes). Drain water (can save a cup for the sauce) and place boiled cauliflower to the side.
2. Chop garlic and heat in a skillet with oil until garlic is soft.
3. Place cauliflower, garlic, 1 cup liquid, lemon juice, and seasoning in a blender, food processor, or blend with an immersion hand blender. I use my Vitamix Blender.
4. Blend until smooth. Taste test for additional salt.
5. In a separate pan, heat onions and mushrooms until slightly soft.
6. Place quinoa, onions, mushroom, and roasted potatoes into a large pan or heat-proof bowl. Fold in creamy sauce.
Garnish with herbs or vegetables. Enjoy!